CONZebra Rolls Out BYOD Risk Assessment Service for Organizations
Feb 19, 2013 (Mass Media Distribution LLC via COMTEX) --
Kuala Lumpur (MMD Newswire) February 19, 2013 -- CONdition Zebra, Inc. (aka "CONZebra"), a provider of risk management and critical infrastructure security solutions, today announced its Bring Your Own Device Baseline Policy (BYOD-BP), a risk assessment service for organizations who want to develop and implement a successful comprehensive BYOD usage policy to protect their business critical data and assets.
"CONZebra recognizes the popularity of the BYOD movement but also understands it introduces an element of risk to organizations through the possibility that data security could be compromised, which could severely damage a brand," said CONZebra President and CEO, Drew Williams. "CONZebra is dedicated to providing organizations with the risk assessment services they need to establish, implement and manage a successful corporate BYOD policy to protect their reputation and the integrity of their assets."
Today many enterprises allow personal devices to connect to the enterprise network. CIOs like this trend because it reduces the cost of hardware, empowers the employee, improves productivity and responsiveness as well as increases employee satisfaction. However, this also introduces a non-standard environment to the mission critical IT infrastructure, plays havoc with the technology roadmap, impacts support and has the potential to expose organization to increased security threats.
CONZebra's BYOD-BP Service Offering
CONZebra's new BYOD Baseline Policy service addresses data theft, malware, wireless exploits, and provides proprietary data loss monitoring and access management. BYOD-BP, based on the COBIT framework, is designed to help organizations create a common set of procedures that form a foundation for establishing a corporate BYOD policy. CONZebra will work closely with an organization to:
- Evaluate Each Operation: Organizations need to take inventory of their critical infrastructure and documents that are vital to business decisions and then determine their risk exposure levels. In addition organizations need to take a physical inventory of their devices.
- Map Everything: Every organization needs a map to identify responsible pathways to reduce exposure to risky business practices. In addition it is important to define virtualization parameters for operation to make sure these align with your map and to create a key to identify key applications for BYOD access.
- Develop a BYOD Policy: Once a baseline is determined an organization needs to create a corporate BYOD policy that includes acceptable usage policies.
- Implement it: Once ethical user guidelines have been established they need to be applied.
- Conduct Audits: Once a quarter an inventory of critical infrastructure needs to be conducted and reviewed as well as the policy to make sure it is still appropriate.
CONZebra's BYOD-BP risk management service is available now for a flat fee. Please contact BYOD@conzebra.com for additional details
CONZebra is headquartered in the United States (Utah), with its APAC headquarters located outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; additional offices are being opened in Australia, Taiwan and Thailand.
CONZebra provides risk nanagement and critical infrastructure security solutions that reduce risk to manageable and resolvable levels, and which focus on international and industry-specific compliance standards and frameworks. The company's strategy of combining key technologies with exclusive expertise in policy development and critical infrastructure services help mitigate operational, legal and financial threats to organizations, creating a safe harbor from which our clients can manage risk as part of their daily operations. For more information, visit www.conzebra.com.
Christina Guilbert Klaubert
[ Back To asia.tmcnet.com's Homepage 's Homepage ]